The Royal Danish Embassy in Tokyo offers financial support to events celebrating the 150 years anniversary in Japan. Applications for funding will be handled continually during 2017. Applications received after October 15 2017 will not be taken into consideration.
In order to be applicable for the funds, the event/project should take place in 2017 in Japan or in Denmark. Exceptions can be given for events/projects which continue into the year 2018. The event/project should promote Danish-Japanese exchange and encourage mutual understanding and strengthening the friendship between the two countries. The funds cannot be used to the sole commercial benefit or direct profit of one or more companies or organizations, or to promote commercial products.
Applications must include following documents and be sent by e-mail with the title “Application for 150th Anniversary Funds” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project description explaining the purpose and goal of the event (1 page)
- Project plan explaining the time scope, the venue and the people involved (1 page)
- Detailed budget
Only applications in English or Danish will be taken into consideration. Names of Japanese places and persons should be written with both Japanese and English characters.
If a project is allocated funds, there are certain criteria to uphold.
- The project will have to use the anniversary logo and appear in the online anniversary calendar. Event data must be filled in via the online application form on www.denmarkjapan150.jp
- After the project has been completed, a financial report accounting for the project must be submitted the Royal Danish Embassy.
- If not all funds granted by the Embassy has been used, the remaining unused funds must be reported and returned to the Embassy.
- The deadline for submitting the financial report is 2 months after project completion.
- The deadline for potential return of unused funds is 3 months after project completion.